Castor oil has been used for centuries for numerous health and beauty purposes. Here are just a few:
1. Castor oil promotes hair growth and a healthy dandruff free scalp. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it an excellent option to keep hair soft and hydrated and help reduce dandruff symptoms. The humectant properties of the oil bonds to the hair shaft to increase flexibility, reduce dryness and breakage and enables length retention of the hair.
2. It’s a powerful laxative used to relieve constipation
3. Applying castor oil to wounds creates a moist environment that promotes healing and prevents sores from drying out. It stimulates the growth of tissue to create an barrier for the wound and prevent infections.
4. Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid that has been shown to help reduce pain and inflammation in test-tube and animal studies.
5. Reduces acne. “Castor oil helps fight inflammation, reduce bacteria and soothe irritated skin, all of which can be helpful for those looking for a natural acne remedy.”
6. Candida albicans is a type of fungus that commonly causes dental issues like plaque overgrowth, gum infections and root canal infections. Castor oil is proven to help fight this fungus and reduce cases of infection, particularly in elderly people who wear dentures.
7. It’s an excellent natural moisturizer and acts as a humectant that binds moisture into the skin to prevent moisture loss. Many popular moisturizing products found in stores contain potentially harmful ingredients like preservatives, perfumes and dyes, which could irritate the skin and harm overall health. Castor oil is a natural alternative.